Case for Support Breakdown Campaign Goal: $225,000
For a century, St. Mary of the Annunciation parish has endured as a witness to the love and mercy of Jesus. Our fathers in faith, especially the 89 families who built our new church, made many sacrifices to bear the fruit our present generations are enjoying.
As we celebrate our centennial anniversary, the Living Our Mission campaign presents us with an opportunity to strengthen St. Mary for her next vibrant and faith-filled century.
St. Mary of the Annunciation parish will receive 1/3rd of the funds we raise up to our goal of $225,000 and 2/3rds of the funds raised over goal, enabling
us to strengthen our community and our presence in Caroline County by:
1) Establishing a Free-standing Space to Accommodate our Food Pantry, a Nursery, and Adult Education – $75,000
• Facilitate our food pantry ministry by designating a fresh space for it. This will also make the parish hall available for youth education and other activities on nights the pantry operates.
• Accommodate a nursery that makes our parish more welcoming to young families as they join in the Mass.
• Develop an adult education classroom. This will make the parish hall more fully available for the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and facilitate the formation of our whole faith community.
2) Creating a Parish Endowment – Share of Funds Raised Over Goal
Seeding an endowment for our parish in the new diocesan Catholic Community Foundation would help to ensure that St. Mary flourishes for many generations to come. Interest from the funds can support the parish’s operating and capital needs year after year.
Living Our Mission invites us to rally together to advance our sacred work as the Body of Christ. Your faith-filled generosity will be a grace to you and enable our parish communityFr. Jay Biber
here at St. Mary of the Annunciation to grow in faith and better serve our neighbors.